It’s a long time that i use Linux. The best advantage about environment of Linux is customizability. If you have a desire and idea to make your environment better, You are free to choose or make your own. That makes feel as Superman isn’t you?
So while using computer,if you don’t live in always darkside, the most interfaces that we have seen is Desktop Environments are Unity, KDE, GNOME, Mate etc. I used them all at ones. But if you ask which one is better, definitely GNOME is better for me.
- It has a nice buttons and interface which I can interact
- I can reach preview of my all active programs with one button
- Also I can search files with that button too
- And the best thing is GNOME Extensions which you can rule them all
In this blog posts I want to talk about few GNOME extensions which I use in my environment
- It helps to see all windows in nicely way
- I don’t know why but default GNOME behavior about alt-tab is a little weird it collects the same program’s windows as like card deck. That one allows you play open with hand.
- Wakes up your computer, for more check the link
Hibernate status button
- Why GNOME why it is not default why
- If you don’t like long time animations, make it faster
Native Window Placement
- Better way to see windows
- The best one
- It show all opened programs on top bar
- and it helps to close applications by one click (not default)
- Another one which I can complain why is it not default because it shows tray icons on bar
In this topic I talked about, Superman, Lord Of the Rings and Star Wars All of them makes my GNOME useful i hope you will like them also 🙂